A Little Picture and Alice Little is collectively referred to as “A Little Picture", “ALP”, "we" or "us" in this policy.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at A Little Picture, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. ALP is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
A Little Picture uses your personal data:
- to provide a bespoke service for you as a client/customer
- to make tailored offers and discounts specific to you
- to return monies owed to you in deposit refunds on hired basis’
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about wedding photography packages and products and services which we think may interest you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing and Promotional communications
ALP may use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail with discounts and offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. Emailing; email@example.com
2. Sending a secure message via the contact page on my website
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include album companies, venues, and other bridal suppliers. ALP only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, ALP will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The maximum period we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
ALP may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- details of your wedding; including date, venue, family and friends names
- purchases and orders made by you;
- when you make a booking or place an order with us, your payment details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with ALP; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed, Instagram or public Facebook page).
- only give us information regarding to children involved in the family shoot or wedding if you feel this is appropriate.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when we meet to discuss your wedding, or you send an email direct to ALP for photography/service enquiries. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example via social media platforms in recommendations. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us; for example Venues and wedding fair suppliers, or from publicly available sources.
ALP is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- confidentiality, discretion and integrity.
- locked cabinet in a locked, alarmed building
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
-log out and close the browser when using a public computer and have sent an enquiry through our website.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out in this policy.
What are cookies?
Official data protection lead - Alice Little
This policy was last updated in May 2018.